User Tools

Site Tools


skills:defence

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

skills:defence [2019/08/22 02:14]
Iron adam created
skills:defence [2019/09/07 17:18] (current)
Iron adam skill box, skill description, temporary boosts
Line 1: Line 1:
-<WRAP todo>​TODO: ​Everything</​WRAP>​ +<WRAP todo>​TODO: ​More Details on Equipment Requirement. Training Methods.</​WRAP>​ 
 +{{wst>​skill_box 
 +|skill_name = Defence 
 +|cape_id = 9753 
 +|200M = 4,181 
 +|2B = 575 
 +|update_date = 09/​07/​2019 
 +}}
 **<fs 200%>​Defence</​fs>​** **<fs 200%>​Defence</​fs>​**
  
 +Defence is one of the primary combat skills that grants players protection in all forms of combat. Defence is one of the skills that will raise the combat level of a player regardless of other skill levels. For this reason, many pures leave their defence at a certain level and stop training it. They range from 1 Defence pures, to Initiate pures (level 20-25), rune pures (level 40/42), Berserker pures (level 45), and Barrows pures (level 70). All of the above may be considered as a type of '​pure'​. Some players may choose to only train Defence, and are known as just '​Defence pures'​.
 +
 +The higher a target'​s Defence level, the less likely one is to land successful attacks (damage greater than zero) against said target. As such, it is a vital skill in high-level PvM and PvP situations. Defence does not decrease the amount of damage that an opponent can deal against you.
 +
 +Magical defence is different - it is based on 70% of the player'​s Magic level, while the remaining 30% is the player'​s Defence level, which is then followed by the player'​s magical defence bonus from their armour.
 +
 +A player'​s Defence level also determines which equipment they are able to wear, as most pieces of armour or other equipment have a Defence level requirement.
 +
 +**<fs large>​Equipment Requirements</​fs>​**
 +
 +Almost every single piece of combat equipment (except for the ones that go on the weapon, cape, ring, and amulet slots) requires a certain Defence level to wear.
 +
 +**<fs large>​Temporary Boosts</​fs>​**
  
 +{{tablelayout?​colwidth="​60px,​120px,​120px,​600px"​}}
 +^ Boost ^^ Level Increase ^ Other info ^
 +|  {{items:​icons:​2432.png?​nolink|Defence Potion (4)}}  | Defence Potion |  3-12  | Boosts Defence by (Level * 0.1 + 3) |
 +|  {{items:​icons:​2442.png?​nolink|Super Defence (4)}}  | Super Defence |  5-19  | Boosts Defence by (Level * 0.15 + 4) |
 +|  {{items:​icons:​12695.png?​nolink|Super Combat Potion (4)}}  | Super Combat Potion |  5-19  | Boosts Attack, Strength and Defence by (Level * 0.15 + 4) |
 +|  {{items:​icons:​6685.png?​nolink|Saradomin Brew (4)}}  | Saradomin Brew |  3-16  | Boosts [[skills:​defence|Defence]] by (Level * 0.2 + 2) and Hitpoints by (Level * 0.15 + 2). Brews can heal up to 14 over your maximum HP (stacks with gear bonuses) |
 +|  {{items:​icons:​41880.png?​nolink|Overload (4)}}  | [[items:​overload|Overload]] |  5-26  | Boosts Attack, Strength, and Defence by (Level * 0.22 + 5) |
  
 {{wst>​skills}} {{wst>​skills}}
skills/defence.txt · Last modified: 2019/09/07 17:18 by Iron adam